Marriage License Application
What you need:
- Both applicants need be here
- Know your social security number
- Drivers License or other photo identification
- Must be 18 or older
- Fee is $40.50 (pay by cash or check)
- If divorced, must bring certified copy of divorce decree. If widowed, must know date of death.
- There is a 3 day waiting period before the license can be picked up.
- Once the license is picked up, you have 60 calendar days to be married.
Any other questions or concerns please give us a call at (570)996-2232
Certified Copy of Marriage License
A certified copy of your marriage license may be obtained from this office for $10.00 each. With proper identification, active military personnel and veterans may receive a free copy.
To receive a certified copy of your marriage license, you can:
Come in to the Prothonotary Office with cash, check, military ID, or DD214.
Request a certified copy by mail:
Including a check or money order payable to the Wyo Co. Prothonotary Office.
For free copy, include a copy of military ID or DD214.
Please state the applicants names, the year married, and how many copies needed.
Please also include your mailing address so it can be returned.